Ratings Report: ABC News Programming For the Week of April 26-May 2, 2010


“GMA” Cuts the Total Viewing Gap with NBC by 30% Year-to-Year and Posts Smallest Weekly Demo Gap in a Month

“GMA” Extends its Total Viewing Advantage Over CBS Year-To-Year

For the week of April 26 th, ABC’s “Good Morning America” averaged 4.350 million Total Viewers and a 1.4/10 among Adults 25-54.

“GMA” significantly reduced the Total Viewing gap with NBC’s “Today,” cutting it by 30% compared to this week last year. “GMA” also reduced both the Total Viewing (-7%) and Adult 25-54 demo (-3%) gaps with NBC’s “Today” week-to-week. This is the smallest weekly total viewing gap between the two morning shows in a month.

“GMA” once again posted a large Total Viewing lead over CBS’ “Early Show” versus the same week last year. ABC’s Total Viewing lead was +19% larger.

The first 20 weeks of “GMA’s” new anchor team continues to outperform its season-to-date average. The program is up +2% (+40,000) among Adults 25-54 and +2% (+70,000) among Total Viewers. For those 20 weeks, the demo (720,000) and Total Viewing gaps (1,150,000) between ABC and NBC are smaller by -1% and -5% respectively, compared to the season-to-date gap. Additionally, “GMA’s” demo (730,000) and Total Viewing (1,730,000) leads over the “Early Show” are up +6% and +5% respectively, versus season-to-date.

The Emmy Award-winning morning news program, featuring the anchor team of Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Sam Champion and Juju Chang, airs live Monday through Friday from 7:00-9:00 a.m. ET on the ABC Television Network. Jim Murphy is the senior executive producer and Tom Cibrowski is the executive producer of ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

Please note: George Stephanopoulos broadcasted from Washington, D.C. Friday 4/30/10.

Join the Discussion
blog comments powered by Disqus
You Might Also Like...